Last Wednesday I had the honor of attending the Womenetics Global Women's Initiative conference at the amazing Georgia Aquarium. Womenetics is a great organization that helps develop, support and inspire female leaders to create an impact in their fields. Womenetics focuses on women as effective business leaders, as successful business owners and as change agents on global issues. Needless to say, I was chilling with some BOSS ladies.
With Danica and Lindsey from Everywhere.
During the conference, I listened in on a 3 panel discussion about on how shared value business opportunities and outcomes can transform communities and enhance lives. Panel topics were on Economic Development, Access to Healthcare and Sustainability. Dr. Valarie Montgomery, Morehouse School of Medicine President, Heather Burke from Girl Tank, and Janine Maxwell, founder of Heart for Africa were just a few of the amazing Womenetics panelists. Keynote speaker was former HP executive and Stanford professor, Debra Dunn. Let's just say all of these awesome women have inspired me to "Get My Life". Below are some interesting points from Womenetics.
- Companies with the highest number of women on boards outperformed others by 66%
- Many times women don't get out of abusive situations because they aren't able to be economically autonomous
- By 2030 women will control 2/3 of the nation's wealth
- Emory's office of Sustainability saved $19 million in there energy reduction efforts
- Heart for Africa has an orphanage in Swaziland, South Africa that takes care of child until they turn 18 years old.
Like I said earlier, I'm feeling inspired. Once I get some sleep I will be ready to take over the world! Womenetics hosts events throughout the year in Chicago and Atlanta.