Thank you guys for all the Birthday wishes for Peyton!
You guys saw Peyton's Berry Sweet Birthday outfit with the wonderful skirt from Giavanna's Closet and her blinged out Chuck Taylors! I think every little girl should have a pair of blinged out shoes! When I decided that I wanted her to have some chucks I checked out Etsy to find a seller only to find out they cost about $80-$100. No Ma'am! So the jewelry maker in me set out to make my own. Pretty easy but just takes time.
First buy a pair of Chuck Taylors. That may have been the hardest part because sizes and colors were unavailable at most stores. I went to 3 stores before finding the red high top ones. Got them at Champs for $26.
Then you need to hit up a craft store like Hobby Lobby. They have 50% off most items during their weekly sales.
Needle nose pliers. If you don't have pliers, tweezers can work but don't use your good brown tweezers. You will get glue on them.
1. To start, make sure the kids are sleep and pour you a glass of wine.
2. Pretty simple to apply the crystals. I had the glue in one hand and the studs that I picked up with the pliers or tweezers in they other.
3. I dabbed the glue directly on the back/flat side of the crystals. If you do not line up the crystals where you want them the first time, you have a few seconds to move it into place with the pliers or tweezers before it dries to hard.
4. Start adding the crystals on the perimeter edge of the shoes. I started right near the black line.
5. Keep repeating and then start the second row in between the previous row. Think of a brick laying pattern.
6. Take a few sips of wine and keep it moving.
Grab some packing tape.
Lace the shoe making sure you keep your patterned side of the ribbon facing up. When you are done cut the excess ribbon to the desired length. Use a lighter to sear the ends of the ribbons so they don't fray.
Voila! Blinged out Chucks! Don't they look like Strawberries? Cost was a total of $38 including the shoes! Let me know if you have done these before or plan to do some.
The Vedette Shapewear Giveaway is still going on! Make sure your are entered! Giving away THREE shapewear pieces!!! Enter HERE!