Atlanta Diaper Relief and I. I don't know what my scarf was doing! Atlanta Diaper Relief was recently awarded 50K diapers from Huggies! Awesome job Kia!
Black and Married with Kids
Mommy Talk Show and author of Use What You Know: A Business Idea Guide for Moms.
This was a fun night connecting with these amazing people. I learned a lot about what the Atlanta Diaper Relief does and that I need to help.
Here are some fact about families struggling with diaper needs for their babies.
- Safety-net programs such as the Food Stamp Program and WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children) do not cover the cost of diapers.
- An adequate supply of diapers can cost over $100 per month.
- 1 in 20 women cleaned out or re-used soiled diapers.
- The vast majority of licensed day care centers do not accept cloth diapers, and require parents and caregivers to provide a steady supply of disposable diapers.
- Most people living in poverty do not have affordable access to washing facilities. Furthermore, most coin-operated Laundromats do not allow customers to wash cloth diapers for health and sanitary reasons.
- Uncomfortable babies cry and don’t sleep well at night—this leads to poorly-rested and higher-stressed parents and siblings, which can contribute to illnesses, absences and reduced performance levels at work and school.
- Nonprofits working with individuals and families in crisis list diapers as an ongoing and TOP need.