The conference was held at the uber fab Gaylord Resort on National Harbor!
Jesse Jones from U-ology! This
- Uncover your Passion (there is that word again)
- Talk about it and be about it!
- The most important connection is within!
Complicated Mama and Tina from Life Without Pink spoke during the Your Social Evolution: Building Your Network!
- While networking find a common ground and make a mental note
- Twitter lists are great
- Email is not dead! Follow up using email!
- Pay it Forward
- Collaborate with other Bloggers
- Before the event
- Find out who is going
- Identify people you want to meet
- Start a conversation before had via twitter or facebook
- During the event
- Leave your comfort zone, don't always sit with the same people
- Don't pitch, listen! Don't walk up to people and just go in about yourself
- Follow Up!
- Make it personal
- Continue the relationship
The next session was The Truth About Brands, Bloggers and ROI: A Conversation with PR Rockstars
The panel consisted of Don Moore of Burell Digital, Ted Rubin of Collective Bias and Nancy Martira with Ketchum PR, all PR Rockstars! Here are some bullet points from them.
- Content is NOT King, Great Content is King!
- "Engagement is Queen" Ted Rubin.
- PR companies like to see you engaging with your community.
- You are selling yourself to a brand, Lear to sell
- Bloggers are more influential then Celebrities
- Just by learning a few simple things about agencies can catapult you.
- Follow the brands you like
- Research PR companies
Great stuff from these Rock Stars! Can you believe blogger are more influential then Celebs?
Then it was lunch time I was talking and meeting people that I did not make it to any formal sessions. I did enjoy all the sponsor booths.
Joyful Noise starring Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah coming out in January!
Helana Andrews author of B$tch is the New Black and Damon Young of Verysmartbrothas.com
First, Helena is HILARIOUS! I had to get her book! Her book as actually is becoming a movie working with the creator of Greys Anatomy! Congrats to her!
Here are some of the great points that stood out to me.
- People should know your voice
- Be confident and stand by your content
- You want people to make you a part of their daily routine ex; coffee then Baby Shopaholic : )
- When guest writing know your audience
- Sometimes for inspiration you just need to put the computer away and just live.
- Surround yourself with the right people! Don't have the wrong people sucking up your energy!
- Everything happens for a reason. The life you lead is seldom the life you laid out for yourself.
- Not everyone will like you. Let that be their problem! WORD UP!
- Being nervous is okay. Because you can use it as rocket fuel.
- Fear is NOT your friend
I found this little diva, Alice taking party in the conference wearing a Missoni outfit. She is the daughter of DC mom blogger A Parent in Silver Spring.
Another great session was Working with Brands Workshop. It was ran by The Clever Girls Collective. Here s a summary of working with brands.
- Make sure your blog is Pretty!
- No typos (I fail at this one)
- Business side
- Get your metrics together and put together a media kit.
- Know your value
- Follow up with PR or companies you meet
- Cold Call
- Find out who the company is working with
- Learn about them
- Follow them on twitter or Facebook
- Don't burn bridges!
- Develop relationships
The Lovely Danica from Be Everywhere sporting a I Heart Baby Shopaholic canvas bag! Do you like the bag? I'm still working on the design. Would you purchase one if proceeds went to a charity? I would love your feedback on this. Comment or send me an email: thebabyshopaholic at gmail.
I hope some of these notes will help you on your blogging adventure! I really loved Blogalicious and plan on going next year as well! I also plan on attending Blogher (who was one of the sponsors for Blogalicious) next year. Are you inspired to attend a blog conference in the future?
Again, if you have any question feel free to email me.